Thursday, May 7, 2020

Where does your trust lie?

Trust in the lord is all I read when I begin to wonder where the citizens of America has placed their trust as we hear every day, every hour, every minute about COVID-19. How many are sick, getting sick, and will get sick? Worst of all, how many will die from it. You have two sides of this madness, no four sides of it. Those who feel that this great nation should remain under lock down until every last person with the disease is well, those who feel that those who are at a higher risk stay at home while the rest of the nation goes back to work. Those that respect both sides and feels we can join together somewhere in the middle. And then those who just do not care at all.

Where does the trust lie? This is the question I begin to spawn in my mind. As I begin to think about the things that I see going on around me. Does it lie with the Lord or in ourselves. I felt that I have a pretty good trust in the lord from most of the time. Then a thought pops into my mind. I was taken by surprise at this thought and begin to question the essence of it. I begin to run it through my mind over and over from different angles and different paths. Each time, I see myself failing to trust in my Savior while clinging with dear life in myself or my way of thinking.
Trust the Lord With All Your Heart — GraceLife Church
As I begin to think about this and bring the thought itself into question, the truth unveils itself from the core of my belief. Each time I have found myself engaging in an argument with my wife because I want to be heard and I want to right. I have placed my trust in myself and this enters into, "let's see who can hurt who the most with words" situation. I walk away frustrated and regretting that I allowed myself to engage in another argument. These situations ran circles through my head as the words of the Lord kept on repeating, "Trust in the Lord"

As I let the Holy Spirit give me insight to this passage of Proverbs 3:3-5, I hear him tell me this is where I need to trust him and not myself or my thought of an outcome. There is a reason behind the misunderstood words, the snappiness, the frustration. I just need to trust him to bring out the positive outcome of the situation and not myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment