Sunday, May 18, 2014

Abandoned to trust without borders

Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders is what I was singing as I was holding my daughter and I began to wonder what it looked like to have trust without borders and as I sang to my baby girl I began to see what it looked like as she lay sleeping in my arms, soundly. As I looked at her and studied her face and seen the contentment on her, I felt the presence of God began to move in my heart of what it looked like in his arms. The only time she has cried was when she is hungry, cold, or tired. Other than that, she has never cried in my arms due to fear or any lack of trust.

So tonight as I sang worship songs to my daughter and I felt God came near to us during our father daughter time. I began to picture what life would look like if abandoned to him as I listened and sang Abandoned to my daughter. I closed my eyes, wondered and then pictured a child sitting in their father's lap and touching his face as they looked eye to eye, having moments of affection and excitement of being with their father. As I felt this with God, I was feeling this with my daughter as I just gazed upon her face as she slept in my arms. And I can say today I seen how God sees me through a six week old baby. What a wonderful day.

So my question to you is, what does life look like abandoned to God for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment